Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be Mine Forever X 2!!

I was going to post this on facebook, but as I was typing I realized this is more appropriate for the blog.  For some reason, being sappy and lovey seems more appropriate when people choose to read it rather than me flinging it onto their Updates page.  So here it goes...

For the last 18 months and 28 days, I have been falling madly in love with John Gardner!  I love him more today than ever and I'm pretty sure I'll love him even more tomorrow!  He is not "romantic" or "sentimental", but he genuinely loves me with all that he does!  Last night, I was subjected to sleeping in the recliner because it is the only place I can sleep for more than 25 min at a time.  Not only did John tuck me in, but he slept on the couch next to me so that I didn't have to be downstairs alone.  The stores can keep their chocolate and their flowers and their cards...that is LOVE!  That is true eternal love.

I was blessed to grow up with a father who was a stud at making his girls feel special on Valentine's Day.  I always felt loved but I always knew that I was not HIS valentine!  He would get us flowers and cards.  He would hug us a little tighter and tell us how much he cared.  But he also showed us that true eternal love!  He would spend time with us.  And he was the BEST at making special days feel special!  Like on my 16th birthday when he delivered 16 orange roses to my school and then took me out to dinner that night.  Keep in mind, my mom had secretly planned a surprise party and was probably the one who physically delivered those flowers, but it was my dad who got the credit.  Anyway, my dad is amazing and what I thought was a valentine that could never be replaced.  And in so many ways, he will never be... but...

John is my true and eternal valentine!  He may not swoon like my dad, but the love is the same.  Like 2 nights ago when I was finally able to fall asleep on his chest.  I woke up 40 min later with a pool of my saliva on him.  I was so embarrassed but he simply said it was good to see me being able to sleep!  Who does that?  Who let's someone drool all over them for over a half hour?  My husband, that's who!!  I don't know how I got so lucky to have 2 wonderful valentines in my life, but I am so grateful for them!  I'm even more grateful that I get to be sealed with both of them forever!

I am so grateful today and everyday that my dadda raised me with such love and that my sweetheart chose to be with me forever!  I love them both with all my heart!  I also love this song...John and my first dance...I thought it was perfect that day, but I didn't realize that it would be perfect forever!
Then by Brad Paisley


1 comment: